Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Still Waters

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. In verdant pastures he gives me repose; beside restful waters he leads me; he refreshes my soul. Psm23.1,3

The first reading today has the Prophet Isaiah singing of the victories associated with the Messiah's coming; rich food, choice wines, no more death, no more tears. The Psalm response is the well loved 23rd Psalm, this time singing of what Emmanuel, God with Us, does for us here and now.

The thought of being led by Jesus beside still waters is very calming and peaceful. I have walked beside restful waters while tramping . Water has that strange affect on my spirit. When it's angry and turbulent as in a storm at the beach, it can be frightening. When it is still and quiet as in a lake on a calm day, it is refreshing

This is a wonderful promise for me to take into my busy day. Peace and refreshment are mine from the Lord. He leads me beside still waters.

Thank you Lord Jesus that you are Emanuel, God with me today. I receive the peace and refreshment of still waters from you now. Let me be a man of peace and refreshment to others today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: