Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Life and Light

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be. What came to be through him was life, and this life was the light of the human race; 
Jn.1:1,4

John starts his Gospel placing Jesus, the Word, at the beginning of time working beside God the Father in the great act of creation. Jesus role then was to give life. His role today is unchnaged.

I love the picture this reading gives of Jesus and God the Father working side by side creating the world that I was destined to live in. I belive Jesus had me in mind at this time and interceded for me to the Father. "Dad, Dad! Create a beautiful lake just here, fed by streams from those those mountains over there. Mike will look at those and think of You as his spirit is being refreshed by the view.  Dad, Dad, make a sandy beach along this coastline with Pohutukawa trees leaning over it. Mike will swim in these waters and be grateful to you for creating it".

Today is a day to look again at the world God has created for me to enjoy and be thankful.

Thank you Jesus for the life you have given me and for this beautiful world in whch to enjoy it.
Saint John the Apostle, pray for me.



No comments: