Thursday, December 4, 2014

False Discipleship

Jesus said to his disciples: "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 
 Mt.7:21


Jesus is giving warning that it is possible to be a false disciple. He says his treatment of such people will be harsh; "Then I will tell them plainly, away from me you evil-doers. I never knew you."

Leading up to Christmas you be forgiven for thinking everyone is going to heaven and hell doesn't exist. Today's Gospel is a wakeup call from that falicy. So what is the antidote to false discipleship? According to Jesus, doing the will of my Father.

Knowing the Father's will and then doing it. Sounds simple but could prove radical. I need help from the Church, the Saints, the Holy Spirit of God no less for this assignment. Come Holy Spirit...

Lord Jesus, I want to be an authentic disciple of yours. Help me to hear the will of the Father and then have courage to do it.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: