Saturday, November 1, 2014

Rejoice and be Glad!

He began to teach them, saying: 
Blessed are the poor in spirit, 
Blessed are they who mourn,  
Blessed are the meek, 
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, 
Blessed are the merciful, 
Blessed are the clean of heart, 
Blessed are the peacemakers, 
Blessed are they who are persecuted, 
Blessed are you when they insult you, 
...Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Mt.5:1-12

Jesus begins his great sermon on the mount listing nine conditions that the world considers hardships but what he redefines as causes for rejoicing.

When I am firmly in Christ nothing can take my joy away! What a great way to live out today!

LordJesus.You are my joy and hope today. Help me pass this on to all I meet today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: