Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Love Joy Peace

In contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness,
gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Gal.5:22,23

Saint Paul is exhorting the Glacian church on what the Christian life looks like. The life of self centered lust, gluttony and strife is contrasted starkly by the life full of fruits of the spirit.

Love, Joy, Peace. These have always been the desire of man's heart, even when pursuing a life of gluttony and violence. Nothing has changed in two thousand years. The key to obtaining these things is the Holy Spirit.
Days, weeks can pass for me without my conscious invitation of the Holy spirit into my life. Right now, this morning I invite Him to come.

Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.
Fill me with your power, satisfy my need.
Only you can make me whole
Give me strength and make me grow
Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: