Thursday, October 2, 2014

Become Little

So he called a little child to him and set the child in front of them. Then he said, ‘I tell you solemnly, unless you change and become like little children you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. And so, the one who makes himself as little as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Mt.18:2-4

The disciples still haven't got what Jesus means when he talks about the kingdom of heaven, as shown by their question on "greatness". To make it plainly clear, Jesus embraces a child and says this is who is great in my Father's kingdom.

I have recently got back into being a leader in Children's Liturgy in our parish. My own children are now adults, but today's gospel has resonated with me for some time, leading me back to this ministry that I haven't been involved in for many years. 

There is a call for me to be more child-like, not childish, but child-like and the children of the parish are the best examples. Their openness, uncomplicated faith, joy and spontaneous enthusiasm is a role model for me... today.

Jesus, I sometimes forget what true greatness really is in your eyes. Help me step over my own pride and make myself little like a little child.
Little Flower, who became expert in becoming small, pray for me.





No comments: