Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Prime Time

He said to them in reply, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and act on it."
Lk.8:21

Jesus is drawing in massive crowds and his family are getting concerned. Like everyone else, they're not sure what is happening. Like the great teacher that he is, Jesus uses their arrival to make point. Who is m my family? Why, everyone who hears the word of God and acts on it of course.

Daily reading of the Bible sounds like an easy thing but I find it so hard to do. Making that prime time regularly available is a discipline that I don't always succeed in keeping. Today Jesus is giving me motivation. Read the Bible, act on what I read and become part of His family, even on an equal footing with his mother!

Jesus, you know the struggles I have to make time for you. Help me set side time to hear your word, have courage to act on it and then enjoy your fellowship.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: