Saturday, August 30, 2014

 Come, share your master's joy

He said, 'Master, you gave me five talents. See, I have made five more.'
His master said to him, 'Well done, my good and faithful servant. Since you were faithful in small matters, I will give you great responsibilities. Come, share your master's joy.'
Mt. 25:20,21

Jesus is telling the parable of the talents. Servants are reporting to their master on what returns from his possessions they have gained for him in his absence. Some have made gains and are exalted. One has made nothing and is condemned. 
This is one of those probing parables that always makes me stop and think. Like everyone, I have some abilities, some talents. It's not a question of what have I done with them. What am I doing with them, now?  Would I, if called to account today, share in Jesus my master's joy? 

Lord Jesus, I want to be called to share in your joy. Help me to be selfless in using the talents that I have been entrusted.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: