Friday, July 4, 2014

Dirtbag full of Gold

While he was at table in his (Matthew's) house,
many tax collectors and sinners came
and sat with Jesus and his disciples.
The Pharisees saw this and said to his disciples,

“Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
Mt.9:10,11

Jesus has just called Matthew the tax collector to be a disciple. A spontaneous party seems to erupt with all of Matthew's no-good friends turning up. The affront of sinners mingling with saints is too much for the Pharisees, but not for Jesus.

This is one of those great stories that displays the focus of Jesus' mission. He came for dirtbags like me. When I'm tempted to judge someone, this is a good thing to remember.

Jesus, thankyou for seeing gold in amongst my mirey day. Help me see others as you do.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: