Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Courage! It Is I

They had all seen him and were terrified. But he at once spoke to them, and said, ‘Courage! It is I! Do not be afraid.’ Then he got into the boat with them, and the wind dropped.
Mk.6:50,51

Jesus has walked out onto the lake where the disciples are struggling with a head wind.  Their terror at seeing  Him walking on water is replaced with awe and wonder as He gets into their boat and the storm drops away.

In today's first reading John states, "fear is driven out by perfect love: because to fear is to expect punishment," 1Jn.4:18.  This incident of Jesus walking on water and calming the storm shows perfect love driving out the fear of the disciples.  There are storms in my life that cause me to fear, fear of what others may think, fear of failure, fear of not measuring up.  The antidote?  To invite Perfect Love, that is Jesus, into my life to drive the fear out.

Thank you Jesus that You know me inside out and still love me.  I claim Your perfect love today and say goodbye to fear.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: