Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Can Do

Jesus said to them, ‘How many loaves have you?’ ‘Seven’ they said ‘and a few small fish.’ Then he instructed the crowd to sit down on the ground, and he took the seven loaves and the fish, and he gave thanks and broke them and handed them to the disciples who gave them to the crowds.
Matthew 15:34-36


Jesus is in the hills next to the Sea of Galilee teaching and healing a vast crowd for three days.  His compassion moves Him to want to feed the people.  The disciples observe what they have (seven loaves and a few fish) and see problems.  Jesus sees what they have and provides a solution.

I am often like the disciples here.  I focus on what there isn't instead of, like Jesus, seeing what there is. I have a reputation in my family for "raining on their parades".  Using what you've got is a great maxim. It gets things started and allows miracles to happen.  In modern jargon it's called a "can do" attitude.  It's an attitude I can cultivate today.

Lord Jesus, with You anything is possible.  Help me be positive in my outlook, seeing what can be done rather than what can't.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: