Saturday, September 14, 2013

Look and Live

THE EXALTATION OF THE HOLY CROSS

So Moses fashioned a bronze serpent which he put on a standard, and if anyone was bitten by a serpent, he looked at the bronze serpent and lived.
Num.21:9

The Israelites are following Moses in the desert and are growing impatient and complaining.  God gave them something to really complain about (venomous snakes) and they begged Moses to intercede for mercy.  The snakes weren't removed but an antidote was supplied.  The bronze fiery serpent on a standard gave life to all who looked upon it.

Today we still live among venomous snakes.  Sickness, disease and evil give us plenty to complain about.  God doesn't remove the source of our malady, ...yet.  But, He has given the antidote, His Son on a cross.

I'm looking at the Crucifix in our lounge.  I like it.  It's big.  It constantly reminds me and my family who we are following.  Each day I place a worship offering of our family prayers at the foot of the cross so that all whom we have prayed for may live.

Lord Jesus, I exalt Your Holy Cross.  Thank you for dieing that I may live.  I place my trust in You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: