Saturday, August 24, 2013

Just, Loving and Close

The Lord is just in all his ways and loving in all his deeds.  He is close to all who call him, who call on him from their hearts.
Ps.144:17,18


Today's Psalm is subtitled , "A psalm of praise. Of David".  It is one of the last five of the Psalms, all of which thunder praise of God. Verses 17 and 18 of Psalm 144 (145) list three praiseworthy characteristics of God.  He is Just, Loving and Close.

When I read in Matthew 5:48 the call of Jesus to "Be Holy as the Lord your God is Holy", these three virtues come to mind.  Be Just, Be Loving and be Close (intimate).  Each of these virtues do not come naturally to me.  I tend more towards being unjust, selfish and distant.  Maybe today, with my natural self being subjugated to my spiritual self, ...maybe today, just for one day, with those I meet I can be Just, Loving and Close.

Lord Jesus, help me today be Holy as You are Holy.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: