Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hidden Treasure

Jesus said to the crowds, ‘The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field which someone has found; he hides it again, goes off happy, sells everything he owns and buys the field.
Mt.13:44

Jesus is at the height of His teaching ministry to the crowds.  He talks in parables, words the listening people will understand. He talks of sowers of seed, wheat among the weeds, yeast in dough, and now hidden treasure that is sacrificed for.  He is presenting to all who will hear, then and now, a picture of the Kingdom of God.

This hidden treasure, this pearl of great price.  Am I sacrificing all to attain it?  Sometimes yes.  Often no.  I loose sight of the value of the Kingdom of God.  The world seduces me with its kingdom.  What can I sacrifice for the Kingdom of God today?  Maybe time at Mass is a place to start...

Lord Jesus.  You paid the ultimate price for me to attain the Kingdom of God.  Help me keep the preciousness of God's Kingdom before me today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: