Monday, June 17, 2013

The Higher Way

'But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance. On the contrary, if anyone hits you on the right cheek, offer him the other as well; if a man takes you to law and would have your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone orders you to go one mile, go two miles with him. Give to anyone who asks, and if anyone wants to borrow, do not turn away.’
Mt.5:38-42 

Jesus is giving His great Sermon on the Mount, laying out the blue print for the authentic christian life.  He sets a very high standard, a standard that flies in the face of the ways of the world.  The world says focus on me and happiness will be mine.  Jesus says the world can never satisfy, focus on others and not only will I find Joy but I will also have peace.

This is a constant struggle within me.  I like "things".  The world seduces me quite easily with its tinsel. Power, prestige and possessions all make seductive promises to me.  This is the great battle for me, but it's one worth fighting, today...

Lord Jesus, you know the weakness of my flesh.  Help me win this battle which is a battle for my very soul.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: