Friday, June 7, 2013

Bring Back Home

The Most Sacred Heart of Jesus 

I shall look for the lost one, bring back the stray, bandage the wounded and make the weak strong. 
Ezek.34:16

Ezekiel ministered to the Jews in exile in Babylon.  His teaching is centered on inner conversion, a new heart and a new spirit that will be given by God.  Today's first reading from Ezekiel portrays God as Shepherd, looking after and protecting His sheep.  The 23rd Psalm today echos this; The Lord is my shepherd...  The Gospel amplifies this further with Jesus' parable of the shepherd rejoicing in finding his one lost sheep.

This is Good News for those of us who have been, or are still, lost.  It is Good News for those of us worried about loved ones who have strayed  We have a God who comes searching for us, brings us home and bandages us, turns our weaknesses into strengths.  This is Good News for me...

Lord Jesus, Your heart burns with a passion for love of me.  Thank you for saving me, bringing me back home and bandaging my wounds.  Please bring back home my loved ones who are lost.
Little Flower, please pray for us.

No comments: