Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Teaching with Authority

As soon as the Sabbath came Jesus went to the synagogue and began to teach. And his teaching made a deep impression on them because, unlike the scribes, he taught them with authority.
Mk.1:21,22


Jesus has gathered His disciples and is beginning His public ministry.  He starts by teaching in the local established church, the Jewish synagogues.

Jesus used the then established church to give His radically new teaching, until the crowds got to number in the thousands and He had to teach outside.  The organised structure of church wasn't ignored by Jesus.  He used it as much as He could and then established the new church, giving His authority to Peter and the Apostles.

This teaching with authority is still available for me today in the church founded by Jesus.  It's a good place for me to hangout if I want to gain a deep impression from Jesus.

Thank you Lord Jesus for the gift of Your Church.  Help me avail myself to Your wisdom, that I may gain a deep impression from You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: