Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pleasing Unto Him


May the spoken words of my mouth, the thoughts of my heart, win favour in your sight, O Lord, my rescuer, my rock!
Ps.18:14


Psalm 18 declares how the glory of creation is in perfect harmony with all of God's law, both declaring God's glory.  The psalm finishes by vowing that my words and thoughts may also be pleasing unto Him.

This is a great verse of dedication.  It is the perfect response to the verse in today's first reading; "everything is uncovered and open to the eyes of the one to whom we must give account of ourselves". Heb.4:13.  When I acknowledge that all my secret thoughts and actions are seen by God, my natural response is, "may they all be pleasing unto Him".  

This is not a response of fear but one of love.  The God who knows all about my darker side still loves me, so I want my words and actions to please Him, ...all of them ...starting today.

Dear Jesus, You know the temptations I wrestle with.  I hand them all over to You, my rescuer, my rock.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: