Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lord of All or Not at All

there appears a second Melchizedek, who is a priest not by virtue of a law about physical descent, but by the power of an indestructible life.
Heb.7:16

The writer of Hebrews is emphasising the perfect priesthood of Jesus by claiming it was of Him that scripture referred to when it was written, "You are a priest of the order of Melchizedek, and for ever".

Abraham, the spiritual father of us all, had a right relationship with Melchizedek.  He was blessed by him, he gave the first ten percent of his possessions to him.  This gives us a template to adopt when relating to Jesus.  To be blessed means to submit, it involves a physical bowing before the one conferring the blessing.

My receiving of blessing from Jesus is only limited by my willingness to submit to Him.  If I'm honest, I would have to say not every area of my life has been submitted to the will of Jesus.  Where I perceive a lack of blessing in my life most likely indicates an area I have not submitted.  It's time to start bending the knee...

Lord Jesus, You are either Lord of all or not at all.  Give me courage and trust in You to submit those areas of my life I anxiously hold on to.
Little Flower, supreme example of submission, please pray for me.

No comments: