Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Same Kind


We can be sure that we are in God only when the one who claims to be living in him is living the same kind of life as Christ lived.
1Jn.2:6


Saint John writes to impress upon us a living faith in Jesus Christ since this faith is life eternal.  He sets a high bar to aim at, Christ Himself.

Live the same kind of life as Christ lived.  Wow!  A tough call, yet there it is.  If I claim to be living in Christ then my life needs to reflect that.  Sometimes, no... often I don't feel like I'm living that kind of life.

But there's Good News, as we heard in yesterday's epistle... "but if we acknowledge our sins, then God who is faithful and just will forgive our sins" 1Jn.1:9.  Jesus sets the bar high and then provides the way for a stumbling follower to attain it.

Thank you Jesus for being the perfect role model and for helping me become what You model.
Saint John, please pray for me.

No comments: