Sunday, December 2, 2012

Slow down and Ponder


Lord, make me know your ways.
  Lord, teach me your paths.
Make me walk in your truth, and teach me:
  for you are God my saviour.
Psalm 24:4,5


Happy New Year!  Today is the first day of the Church's year and the first day of Advent.  It's a day of new beginnings, new-year resolutions.  Advent is a wonderful four-week season to help me start anew.  It's the best antidote to the orgy of "Xmas" that the world now rushes into.  It's a time of expectancy, waiting, preparing the way. It's a time to be humble and teachable. It's a time to focus on Mary who embodies all these virtues.

Today I slow down and ponder the mysteries of God's ways.


Lord, make me know your ways.
  Lord, teach me your paths.
Make me walk in your truth, and teach me:
  for you are God my saviour.

Mary, Mother of God, please pray for me.


No comments: