Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Joy

Then turning to his disciples Jesus spoke to them in private, ‘Happy the eyes that see what you see, for I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see, and never saw it; to hear what you hear, and never heard it.’
Luke 10:23,24

The seventy-two have returned from their first missionary outreach and report great victories in Jesus' name for God's Kingdom.  Jesus is filled with "joy by the Holy Spirit", giving thanks to God .

This is a favourite passage of mine as it depicts Jesus on a joyful high.  I can imagine His elation that must have put broad smiles on all the seventy-two as they gathered around Him.  This joy can't be contained as Jesus tells His followers also to be happy.  "Happy the eyes that see what you see... ears that hear what you hear".  So what was it that the disciples were seeing and hearing?  Jesus.  They were seeing and hearing Jesus.

Here is a key to my happiness.  To see and hear Jesus.  To keep Him before me in my day.  Oh, happy am I ...

Lord Jesus, You are the source of my joy.  Holy Spirit, fill me with the joy of knowing Jesus today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: