Monday, December 31, 2012

All is Well


The Word was made flesh, he lived among us, and we saw his glory, the glory that is his as the only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.
Jn.1:14

Saint John starts his gospel with a prologue on the mystery of the incarnation, God became man in Jesus Christ and lived among us.

On this last day of the year the Church has us look at the beginnings of our salvation, "In the beginning was the Word: the Word was with God and the Word was God." Jn1:1.  New Year's Eve is a time of looking back and then looking forward.  Mother Church places Jesus as the touch-stone for this exercise.  All things are to be measured against Him.

I have regrets and joys from 2012.  2013 holds for me hope.  I surrender all these to Jesus, the regret, the joy and the hope.  These are all emotions He is familiar within His human nature.  He stops them from controlling me obsessively.  With Christ at my side, all is well...

Lord Jesus, I give my life again to You; my strengths, my weaknesses. I place my trust in You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: