Monday, October 29, 2012

Friendship Kindness Forgiveness


Be friends with one another, and kind, forgiving each other as readily as God forgave you in Christ.  Try, then, to imitate God as children of his that he loves and follow Christ loving as he loved you.
Ephesians 4:32 - 5:1,2

Saint Paucontrasts the Christian life that his readers are to lead, with their pagan life that has been left behind.  The foundations of this new life include the virtues of friendship, kindness and forgiveness.

Friendship, kindness and forgiveness - these are seen as weak in the eyes of the world.  Yet, in my Christian life they are sources of great strength, they are Christian muscles.  Each of them requires that I take my focus off myself and onto others.  This requires an act of my will as my natural inclination is to attend to me, my wants, my needs.  A good starting point to flex these Christian muscles is in my world of today; my family, my work place.

Lord Jesus, Your natural inclination was to look to others needs before Your own.  You know my struggle with self.  Help me exercise my muscles of friendship, kindness and forgiveness with those I meet today.
Saint Paul, please pray of me.



No comments: