Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Be Happy and Prosper


O blessed are those who fear the Lord and walk in his ways!
By the labour of your hands you shall eat.  You will be happy and prosper.
Ps.127:1,2

This Psalm is one the Songs of Ascent, believed to have been sung by pilgrims on their climb up to the temple at Jerusalem.  It sings of the blessings that are given to all who love and honour God in their lives.

I have a poster at work that reads: "To love what you do and feel that you make a difference, what could be more fun!"  Psalm 127:1 and 2 is then quoted underneath.  I have days like that.  I love what I am doing and I have a sense that what I am doing matters.  These are days of great contentment and happiness.  They tend to be days when I am "right with God".

I guess each day I have a choice on how I live it, consciously with God or without Him.  Today, I choose to live with God.  By the labour of my hands I shall eat.  I shall be happy and prosper.

Thank you Lord for extending Your invitation to be in relationship with You today.  You are the source of my happiness and prosperity.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: