Saturday, August 25, 2012

Harmony with God

Mercy and faithfulness have met;
justice and peace have embraced.
Faithfulness shall spring from the earth
and justice look down from heaven.
Ps.85:10,11


The psalmist describes God the Father in terms of His attributes; Mercy and Justice.  The people of God are described by their attributes; Faithfulness and Peace. There is a two-way relationship.  Faithfulness in man draws mercy from God.  Justice from God draws peace from man.

There is something beautiful in this picture of man and God in perfect harmony.  My spontaneous faithfulness to God makes His crazy love for me pour down mercy on me.  Boy, that is like a refreshing, cleansing shower.   Then, when I surrender to God's sovereign justice instead of trying to administer my justice to life's situations, a peace beyond understanding takes hold of me.

I love living my faith this way. Today, mercy and peace are mine.

Father in heaven, I surrender to Your of Mercy and Justice.  Thank you for your gifts of faithfulness and peace.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: