Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sow Integrity, Reap Kindness

Sow integrity for yourselves, reap a harvest of kindness, break up your fallow ground: it is time to go seeking the Lord...
Hosea 10:12

Hosea is calling the people of Israel back from their idolatry and preoccupation with wealth.  The antidote to these distractions? Integrity and kindness.

Preoccupation with acquiring wealth.  Hmm... some things never change in human nature. But, if the sin hasn't changed then neither has the antidote.

From the dictionary:
Integrity n.   adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty. 
Kind       a.   of a good or benevolent nature.

Today I embrace honesty and goodness of nature as my hallmarks.  Simple words that lead to a radical lifestyle.

Lord Jesus, You are the ultimate example of integrity and kindness.  Send me Your Spirit today to help me embrace these virtues.
Little Flower who embodied integrity and kindness, please pray for me.

No comments: