Saturday, July 21, 2012

Helper of the Orphan

But you have seen the trouble and sorrow, you note it, you take it in hand.  The helpless trusts himself to you; for you are the helper of the orphan.
Ps.10:17,18


The psalmist has written  his laments of evil men plotting against him, but he finishes with this statement of hope and trust.  God, who is all-seeing, has noted the unjust plotting and He will act to defend the defenceless.

An orphan represents someone totally abandoned by those who should be defending him, being his advocate.  I recently watched a movie about the illegal deportation of British children to Australia in the the 1940s to 1970s (Oranges and Sunshine).  Many of the children were mercilessly exploited and abused.  They had no one defending them or ensuring they were being looked after.

Today's psalm gives us all hope, gives me hope.  No matter how abandoned I am feeling, God will never leave me or abandon me.

Father in Heaven, you are the helper of the orphan.  Thank you for Your promise to always be there for me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

.

No comments: