Thursday, July 26, 2012

Happy Eyes Happy Ears

‘But happy are your eyes because they see, your ears because they hear! I tell you solemnly, many prophets and holy men longed to see what you see, and never saw it; to hear what you hear, and never heard it.’
Mt.13:16,17


The disciples question Jesus as to why He speaks to the people in parables.  Jesus explains He does so to overcome their spiritual deafness and blindness.  He tickles their ears with a good story to overcome their prejudice against the truth.  However, parables are not needed by those listening and seeing with faith.  To them the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven are revealed.

I can take my gift of faith for granted, forgetting what a wonderful advantage it gives me.  My faith in Jesus is the source of my hope and my joy, a hope and joy that many people in my work and my family don't have.  This gift is one to share in a world without hope, without lasting joy.  Today I can shine up my gift and present it to those the Lord puts before me.

Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me happy eyes, happy ears.  Help me share the reason for my happiness with those I meet today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.




No comments: