Monday, July 9, 2012

God of Love

When that day comes – it is the Lord who speaks – she will call me, ‘My husband’, no longer will she call me, ‘My Baal.’ I will betroth you to myself for ever.
Hosea 2:16-19


Hosea prophesies the restoration of Israel.  He speaks of a time when there will be conversation of heart and a re-flaming of the passion of first love.  The worship in fear of false gods will be replaced by a relationship of spousal love and faithfulness.

I live in an age where "Baals", false gods, are are worshipped all around me.  The temptation is always there to worship wealth, power, status, appearance, even health. These gods demand that I fight for them. They are competitive gods that pit me against my brothers and sisters.   There is no peace in them.

But what a beautiful alternative is placed before me this morning.  I'm invited again into a relationship with my living, loving God; a relationship based on loving tenderness, mercy, faithfulness and sacrifice.  The love of my God motivates me to love my brothers and sisters.  Peace flows like a river.

I walk into this day knowing I am loved by God and with a love to demonstrate to others.

Lord Jesus, You are Love.  Drench me today in Your love that it may flow through me to the people I meet today.
Little Flower, Saint John the Apostle of love,  please pray for me.

No comments: