Monday, July 23, 2012

Act justly Love tenderly Walk humbly

 ...this is what the Lord asks of you: only this, to act justly, to love tenderly and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

The prophet Micah foresees the ruin of Israel resulting from their life of corruption.  In the midst of the Lord's case against Israel He gives the antidote to heal their hearts.  It is the heart-medicine of justice, love and humility.

Act justly; Love tenderly; walk humbly.  These are simple things and yet profound things whose presence or absence show the state of my heart. All three involve me taking my attention off myself and onto others.  Ultimately, my attention is taken off me and onto God.

So, today the antidote for my natural self-centredness  is this, only this; to act justly towards others, to love others tenderly and to walk humbly with my God.

Thank you Lord God for showing me the way out of my enslavement to self.  Holy Spirit, give me the courage to act justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with my God today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: