Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Truly the Son of God

Now at last they know that all you have given me comes indeed from you; for I have given them the teaching you gave to me, and they have truly accepted this, that I came from you, and have believed that it was you who sent me.
Jn.17:7,8


At the Last Supper Jesus is giving His priestly prayer for all Believers.  His relationship with God the Father is clearly revealed.  Jesus is from God.

The divinity of Jesus is still a stumbling block for the world.  His promises and teaching are just nice words until this fact is accepted.  Once Jesus is seen as God the Son, peace and joy immediately follow. He becomes Emmanuel, God with us, and we are alone and abandoned no longer.

I have family members who do not accept Jesus' own words about himself in today's Gospel.  God help me be a witness to Jesus' divinity.

Lord Jesus, truly You are the Son of God.  Help me be like Saint Paul and bear witness to the Good News of Your grace.
Saint Paul, please pray for me.


No comments: