Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Preach it Anyway

At this mention of rising from the dead, some of them burst out laughing; others said, ‘We would like to hear you talk about this again.’ After that Paul left them, but there were some who attached themselves to him and became believers...
Acts17:32-34


Paul is preaching in Athens, the center of human philosophy.  He verifies Jesus' authority as Savior by declaring He has risen from the dead.  Some Greeks respond by mocking laughter, others want their ears tickled further and some believe and follow.

Human wisdom hasn't changed in two thousand years.  At the Christian message of salvation some mock, some tolerate it as an interesting quirk and some believe.  Like Saint Paul, I need to proclaim the Good News anyway.  How people receive it is their story.  Mine is to be faithful to the Good News as I know it.

Lord Jesus, send me the Holy Spirit to strengthen me and help me be an authentic witness to Your saving love.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: