Thursday, May 10, 2012

Complete Joy

'I have told you this so that my own joy may be in you and your joy be complete.’
Jn.15:11


Jesus has just given the powerful analogy of the vine and branches in explaining His relationship with His disciples.  He then caps this relationship with the promise of not only His love but the love of the Father.  The result is complete joy.

I remember once being a little too critical of a child's plans and being accused of being a "joy sponge", someone who sucks the joy out of a situation.  That made me sit up and look at what I was doing.  I'd far rather be accused of being a "joy pump", someone who pours joy into a situation.

Joy is what Jesus came to bring us.  He tells us so in today's Gospel.  As the bumper sticker says, "If you've got the joy of the Lord, please tell your face about it".  This joy can't be forced but comes with the realisation of who I am in Jesus and what it is He has given me.  Today I have the joy of the Lord and I tell my face about it.

Thank you Jesus for Your unconditional love for me and the complete joy that is mine when I receive it.  Help me be a joy-filled witness for You today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: