Thursday, March 8, 2012

Life Saver

Then Abraham said to him, “If they will not listen either to Moses or to the prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone should rise from the dead.”
Lk.16:31


Jesus is telling the parable of the rich man and poor the man Lazarus to the Pharisees.  The rich man in Hell wants to warn his brothers of their approaching doom, but Father Abrahan says they have received warning enough from Moses and the prophets.  The parable tells how faith on the Word of God, the law and the prophets, predisposes a man to accept the message from God.

How can I listen to Moses and the prophets if I do not even hear them?  Sacred Scripture is not just an option, it's essential for my salvation.  As today's Psalm says, "Happy indeed is the man... whose delight is the law of the Lord and who ponders his law day and night." Ps.1:1,2.  My daily reading of scripture is actually a life-saver.

Holy Spirit of God.  You inspired all sacred scripture.  Inspire me as I read it so I may be convinced of Jesus when I meet Him.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: