Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Man of Faith

He could work no miracle there, though he cured a few sick people by laying his hands on them. He was amazed at their lack of faith.
Mk.6:5,6


Jesus is in His home town teaching and performing miraculous healings.  The locals know of Jesus family and so refuse to accept who He really is, the Son of God.  Jesus is just as amazed by their lack of faith as He was amazed about the Centurion's greatness of faith.  A person's faith is significant to Jesus.

It seems faith is not just an option with Jesus.  It is essential in order to see and accept Him for who He truly is.  Faith means believing in things yet unseen (2 Corinthians 5:7).  How good is my faith?  Can I say like the Centurion, Jesus has said it so it will happen?  I have met men of faith and they seem to have a peace about them.  They don't worry.  Let me be a man of faith today.

Lord Jesus, You know I believe.  Help me in my unbelief.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

 

No comments: