Monday, January 2, 2012

Roadworks

So John said, ‘I am, as Isaiah prophesied:
a voice that cries in the wilderness:
Make a straight way for the Lord.’
Jn.1:23


John the Baptist is being quizzed by men who had been sent by the Pharisees to try and identify who John is. John clearly identifies himself as a messenger pointing to the Lord and Messiah who is about to come.

John's prophetic message continues to be called down through the ages; 'Make a straight way for the Lord.’ The message is given in the wilderness, away from the hustle of the world.  It calls for me to make some changes to my life, to remove obstacles in the way of Jesus coming into my life more fully.  How?  Well, a regular prayer life is a start.  And perhaps more Mass and Confession factored into my schedule. 

There's much room for roadworks in my life to straighten the path...

Come Holy spirit, help me prepare the way for Jesus to come into my life.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: