Friday, December 23, 2011

Turn Your Heart

Know that I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before my day comes, that great and terrible day. He shall turn the hearts of fathers towards their children and the hearts of children towards their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a curse.
Mal.3:23,24


Malachi gives discourses that look forward to the "day of the Lord". The last verse in the old testament from Malachi is a warning and it has to do with fathers.  The heart connection of fathers to their children is an important, no, crucial objective of God's work among men. When the heart connection of fathers and children is right all is well, when the connection is wrong the land is under a curse.

If there is one possible summary that could be given about society in our land today it would be that the heart connection of fathers to their children is absent.  "Fatherlessness" is a modern social norm.  Our land is under a curse.

My role as father is to have a heart turned towards my children (and now, grandchildren).  I need  the prophesies of God to help me achieve this.  I cannot do it alone.

Father in Heaven, send Your prophets to speak into my life and help me become the father to my children that You mean me to be.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: