Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Plan

All the people who heard him, and the tax collectors too, acknowledged God’s plan by accepting baptism from John; but by refusing baptism from him the Pharisees and the lawyers had thwarted what God had in mind for them.
Lk.7:29,30


Jesus is talking to the people about John the Baptist's role in God's plan for mankind.  The plan is revealed in today's earlier readings from Isiah and the psalm; man is to turn back to God so He may then lavish His everlasting love on us.  "...with everlasting love I have taken pity on you says the Lord, your redeemer." Is.54:8.

God has a plan for everyone.  God has a plan for me.  It is a plan based on love, a love that He wants to lavish on me for ever.  That's a plan I can buy into.  It satisfies my deepest longing, the longing to be loved with an all-knowing and forgiving love.  I just need to turn to Him.

Father in Heaven, thank you for your wonderful plan of love for me.  I turn to You and worship You, my loving Father, in Jesus' name.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: