Thursday, November 24, 2011

Stand Up and Lift My Head

And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand erect, hold your heads high, because your liberation is near at hand.
Lk.21:27,28


Jesus is teaching on the signs of the end-times.  Following the upheaval and calamity is the fulfillment of end-times, the coming of the Son of Man.  Because the ultimate purpose of end-times is to herald the return of Jesus, believers need not fear.  Indeed, we are instructed to stand up and lift our heads. 

There is a storm lashing our city as I write.  It gives a sense of uneasiness.  I wonder, "is it going to get worse?  Will there be damage to my home and property?"  In a small way it is what the end of time will be like.  But the promise of Jesus is that the storm is not all there is.  It only heralds a greater thing, His return to take me home. This is a beautiful thing my faith gives me.  No matter what the storm  I can stand up and lift my head for my liberation is near at hand.

Thank you Jesus for your promise of liberation.  Today I stand up and lift my head in search of You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: