Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Come on Down

‘Zacchaeus, come down. Hurry, because I must stay at your house today.’ And he hurried down and welcomed him joyfully.
Lk.19:5,6


Zacchaeus has a burning desire to see Jesus as He passes by the crowd.  Sensing his own inadequacy (shortness) Zacchaeus finds his own solution (climb a tree).  Jesus short-circuits Zacchaeus'  feeble efforts and invites Himself into his home.  All Zacchaeus has to do is come down out of the tree.  This he does joyfully.  As a result salvation comes to his house.

I am one for finding my own solutions to my own inadequacies.  All these tend to do is distance myself from Jesus rather than drawing me nearer to Him.  I need to climb down out of my "tree solutions" and allow Jesus to provide the answers.  It invariably  involves Him coming into my home.  I need to allow Jesus to do that, today...

Lord Jesus, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: