Saturday, October 22, 2011

Spiritual Things

The unspiritual are interested only in what is unspiritual, but the spiritual are interested in spiritual things. It is death to limit oneself to what is unspiritual; life and peace can only come with concern for the spiritual.
Rms.8:5-7


Saint Paul is writing to the Roman church correcting the unbalance from Greek thought that relies too heavily on human reason.  He goes so far as to say that peace and fullness of life can only come from things of the spirit as that is where God is found.

I've just fare-welled my son and some of his friends who are going for a two day tramp into the Uruwera National Park.  It's a ruggedly beautiful part of the North Island that I recall tramping around their age.  It was a time in my life prior to my knowing Jesus, a time when I was very much focused on unspiritual things.  Yet I remember in the midst of tramping in the great out-doors there were times I sensed spiritual things within the physical beauty I was in.  I now know it was the fingerprints of God I was seeing in His created beauty. 

The Spirit of God is everywhere and can be seen when I look with the spiritual eyes. Today I put on spiritual eyes of faith to see "God-with-me", here, now...

Thank you Lord God that You are in all things.  I long for the life and peace that comes with Your spirit.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: