Thursday, October 27, 2011

Love made Visible

For I am certain of this: neither death nor life, no angel, no prince, nothing that exists, nothing still to come, not any power, or height or depth, nor any created thing, can ever come between us and the love of God made visible in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Rms.8:38,39


Saint Paul writes to the church of Rome to correct their over-emphasis of the Greek influence of human reason.  Here he distills what the love of God is; Christ Jesus our Lord.

I remember very clearly what it was that finally caught my attention to Jesus.  It came from a humble priest on a team leading a Marriage Encounter weekend that Kate and I attended.  He made a passing remark on the Sunday of the weekend, saying the love we had rediscovered for each other was just a fraction of the love Jesus has for each one of us.  I remember thinking this was just a lie or...could it possibly be true?  And if it was possibly true then I need to find out more about this person Jesus.  That led to asking good questions about Jesus to which I was given good answers.  Four years later I was hammering on the door of the Church crying "Let me in!"

That love that was made visible to me twenty-five years ago is just as fresh and real and exciting today.  Today I feel the love of Jesus.

Lord Jesus, You are my greatest love.  Thank you for loving me, no matter what.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: