Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ask for More

 ‘So I say to you: Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. For the one who asks always receives; the one who searches always finds; the one who knocks will always have the door opened to him.'.
Lk.11:9


Jesus continues His instruction on how to pray.  He tells the parable of the persistent friend hammering at his neighbor's door for a loaf of bread.  Active persistence is the way to pray.

There's a bigger picture here.  If prayer is all about relationship with God then the dynamic prayer-method Jesus advocates actually prescribes a dynamic active relationship with God.  I'm not to be a passive bystander in my faith life.  It is a lively, vibrant thing that involves constant effort and activity from me.  Drifting along is not an option.  Have I hammered on the doors of heaven lately?  When did I last ask, seek, knock with persistent fervor?

Lord Jesus, thank you for waiting patiently for me to engage with You.  Holy Spirit, let my heart burn within me for more of God.  Help me ask for more, seek for more, knock for more.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: