Thursday, September 22, 2011

Who is This?

But Herod said, ‘John? I beheaded him. So who is this I hear such reports about?’ And he was anxious to see Jesus.
Lk.9:9


Jesus' popularity has gained enough noise to be heard in the palace of Herod the tetrarch.  Many theories are are put forward as to who Jesus is; from a returned ancient prophet to a resurrected John the Baptist.  However, Herod knows none of these are true.  He knows that Jesus is someone exceptional.

It took a corrupt despot to recognise the uniqueness of who Jesus is.  Sometimes revelation can come from the strangest of places. Jesus said "There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known." Mt.10:6.  Everything about who Jesus is and what He has come to do is made known within the Church and sometimes even proclaimed outside the Church.  I just need to hear it.

Holy Spirit, please give me eyes to see and ears to hear and recognise Jesus in my day today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: