Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Rich Harvest

“The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
Mt.9:37,38

Jesus continues through the countryside teaching, preaching, healing and delivering. As much as He ministered, more people came to Him seeking His transforming touch.

If we were to measure Jesus' success by His getting on top of the job at hand, He never got there.  He would heal two and four more sick would step forward.  He would feed five thousand and another seven thousand hungry would clamor after Him.  Despite this pressure Jesus saw this great need as a "rich harvest".  The people's needs moved Him with compassion.

I get tired just at the thought of the needs I see in the people of my world.  I have to transform my way of seeing needy people from insatiable life-suckers to "harassed and dejected, like sheep without a shepherd" Mt.9:36.  How?  By allowing myself to be moved with compassion.

Lord Jesus, the harvest remains rich and the workers remain few.  I ask You, Lord of the Harvest, to make me a worker.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: