Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hear the Whisper

"What I say to you in the dark, tell in the daylight; what you hear in whispers, proclaim from the housetops. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul..."
Mt.10:27,28


Jesus continues instructing His twelve disciples in preparation for their missionary work.  These instructions apply to all believers.  Spreading the Good News is part of what we do as followers of Jesus.

Jesus implies here that we first hear from Him in privacy, in the quiet of our daily prayer times.  If I don't have these intimate, personal times with Jesus, how can I have anything to to proclaim from the housetops?  My daily prayer time is not just a pious thing to do, it's essential if I want to be in-tune with what Jesus is saying to me.  It's essential if I want to declare Him before men.

Lord Jesus. I rededicate my morning prayer time to You. Whisper to me Lord that I may then proclaim from the house-tops.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: