Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Transform

Feast Day of Saint Peter and Saint Paul
 

So I now say to you: You are Peter and on this rock I will build my Church. And the gates of the underworld can never hold out against it.
Mt.16:18


Today the Church celebrates the lives of two of its greatest founders, Saint Peter and Saint Paul.  Two very imperfect men, one a loud-mouth blustering fisherman, the other a self-righteous Pharisee.  Yet these two men allowed themselves to be transformed by Jesus into living Saints who both finally died a martyr's death. The Church is firmly grounded on the lives of Saint Peter and Saint Paul.  Our present Pope traces his line of authority back to the authority Jesus gave Peter. Saint Paul's epistles are read at most Masses throughout the world.

The lives of these two men inspire me as testimonies to the transforming power of Jesus.  They are prime examples of what Jesus can do with any life ...with my life.  I am never beyond the reach of Jesus' transforming power.  Sainthood is never an impossible dream, in fact it is my natural calling.  This is good news because I am in need of transforming.  Sainthood awaits, starting today.

Lord Jesus, you never gave up on Peter and Paul.  You will never give up on me.  Transform me Lord that I may be a witness for You to my world.
Saints Peter and Paul, please pray for me.

No comments: