Friday, June 3, 2011

Joy is Mine

So it is with you: you are sad now, but I shall see you again, and your hearts will be full of joy, and that joy no one shall take from you.
Jn.16:22


Jesus is about to suffer terribly and die a horrible death.  He knows this, yet He talks to His disciples again and again about joy.  He sees the big picture and wants them (and me) to see it as well.

The joy that no one can take away is something that originally attracted me to faith in Jesus.  I met people who had ups and downs in their lives but they still seemed to be up-beat about life.  When I had downs I was crushed, without hope.

The mantra I have learnt from my faith in my Risen Lord is "this is not all there is".  No matter how bad (or good) things get, this is not the final say on my life.  I have the promise of something so infinitely better that my feeble brain cannot imagine it.  This is the source of my optimism today, why my heart is full of joy, a joy no one can take away.

Jesus my Risen Lord, thank you Lord for your promise that I shall see You again. You are the source of my joy today and always.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: