Sunday, June 5, 2011

I am with You

 Ascension Sunday

‘It is’ he had said ‘what you have heard me speak about: John baptised with water but you, not many days from now, will be baptised with the Holy Spirit.’
Acts.1:4,5


Jesus' last words to the disciples before He asended into heaven included this promise of the Holy Spirit to His Church.  He had promised this earlier but He chooses to repeat this now so it is ringing in the ears of His followers after He leaves them..

In a way, Jesus was limited by His physical body when He was walking upon the earth.  He could only be at one place with a limited number of people at a time.  After His ascension and the release of the Holy Spirit His power was magnified.  He can now been in limitless places speaking to to numberless people at any time. 

This is good news because it means He is with me here, now as I pray.  The key to being with Jesus now in the 21st century?  The Holy Spirit!

Come Holy Spirit of God.  Fill me that I may hear my Lord Jesus as He loves me today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: